****LEGAL FUTURES 2011 – BURSARIES AVAILABLE!!!*****
The LEGAL FUTURES 2011, the national law careers conference for ethnic minority students, will take place on Saturday 19 November at City University.
Confirmed speakers include:
Joshua Rozenberg Journalist, Broadcaster & Legal Commentator
Urvasi Naidoo Solicitor and Chief Executive, International Federation of Netball Associations
Tim Ward QC Barrister, Monckton Chambers
Michelle Egbosimba Solicitor, Ashurst LLP
Debra Smith-Gorick Founder & Director, China Law & Business Internship Programme
Susan Cooper Founder and Chief Executive, Acculaw
Laura Durrant Head of Litigation, Regulatory & Investigations, Royal Bank of Scotland
Peter Herbert OBE Barrister & National Chair, Society of Black Lawyers
Jide Lanlehin Barrister & Head of Chamber, Middle Temple Lane Chambers
Tunde Okewale Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers
Conference master classes include:
• I’m a paralegal, get me out of here!
• Commercial Awareness: what is it and how do I develop it?
• Resume Building Techniques: internships & volunteering
• Training Contract Bootcamp: Strategies for Success
• Pupillage Bootcamp: Strategies for Success
• It’s Showtime! Build your confidence & presentation skills
Attendance at the conference is only £10 and students can register online at www.legalfutures.eventbrite.com.
Any queries or for more information please do not hesitate to email SBL (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our Legal Futures page on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/legalfutures.
***STUDENTS WHO REGISTER BY WEDNESDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2011 WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING BURSARY PRIZE DRAWS***:
1. £500 bursary towards an internship in either China (with the China Law & Business Internship Programme) or Arusha (working alongside Counsel at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda). One bursary is available.
2. One week mini pupillage at Middle Temple Lane Chambers with a £100 bursary (2 bursaries are available).
3. Legal Futures Conference Attendance Bursary (25 bursaries worth £10 each are available)
Attendance at the conference is only £10* and students can register online at www.legalfutures.eventbrite.com
Any queries or for more information please do not hesitate to email email@example.com
*Conference registration fee will be refunded to bursary winners.